International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 37001
In October 2016, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) published the first international standard for anti-bribery management systems. ISO 37001 is designed to help organizations prevent, detect and respond to bribery.
What is ISO 37001 Requirement?
To comply with the standard, an anti-bribery management system must address risks of public and private bribery, active and passive bribery, direct and indirect bribery and facilitation payments.
The standard requires the following (list is not complete):
- The anti-bribery management system is tailored to the type, size and nature of the organization and its bribery risk factor.
- Top management and those charged with governance demonstrate leadership and commitment.
- Appropriate measures are taken to ensure that staff understand and can execute their responsibilities with respect to the system.
- Bribery risks posed by third parties are adequately assessed and managed.
- Appropriate anti-bribery controls are implemented with respect to transactions and business processes.
- An effective reporting system to raise concerns also anonymously.
- The organization monitors the effectiveness of the anti- bribery management system and, if required, takes measures to improve it.
What Are the Benefits From an ISO 37001 Certification?
- Board-level assurance: Certification helps to improve and optimize an organization’s anti-bribery management system.
- Guidance for the organization: Certification helps to implement a compliance program framework for managing bribery risk.
- Demonstration of fight against bribery: Certification may serve as defending the company in case of enforcement action by authorities, if any.
- Competitive advantage: Certification provides assurance towards suppliers, vendors, business partners and financing institutions.
- Credibility: Being the only recognized global standard for anti-corruption compliance, it brings credibility to your organization.
- Internationally recognized: As an international standard, it is recognized and can be applied in all jurisdictions.
Do You Need More Information on Our Services?
Get detailed information on ISO 37001 training certification and the different other services that we offer at Integra Consulting Group. Send us a message. Click the button below!
Integra Consulting Group helps with a full range of options, from the basic to the full certification process. Programs are tailored to fit your needs and current situation. Such as follows:
- Gap analysis: We will guide you through a gap analysis to show you where your organization currently stands compared to the ISO 37001 standard as well as anti-bribery best practices.
- System enhancement: After the gap analysis, you will be able to take actions in order to correct any identify weaknesses to strengthen the company’s processes and controls. We will help you to bring your system into compliance with the standard.
- Certification preparation: In addition to helping, you identify and close gaps, our certified ISO 37001 Lead Implementers can walk you through the exact steps of the certification process. We will advise you from the pre-audit phase until the certification.
- Scoping: While it is your responsibility to prepare for the certification audit, as a pre-certification step, an initial scoping phase will help you to gain confidence of the areas where you have the best chance of passing our audit and gaining a certification.
- Main certification: Our certified ISO 37001 Lead Auditors will conduct a documentation audit and an implementation audit to test the design and the robustness of your anti-bribery management system. We will review and assess relevant documentation, interview personnel and conduct sample testing. We will issue a report detailing the strengths and weaknesses of your system.
- Certification and Surveillance Audit: Following the successful implementation of any corrective actions, we will award the certification. Additionally, we will conduct follow-up surveillance audits in Year 2 and Year 3.